Rewriting the character movement code for my character I found several approaches. Move by altering the transform.position of the character. Move using a character controller component and forces. Move using rigidBody component and forces. The first of these worked fine but didn’t play well with my camera control code. Also, since I’d reworked the level […]
Over the past few days I’ve been tinkering with the code of the game I’m working on and trying to come up with a way in which the colour of all the objects in a game can switch between colour schemes. I think I have a reasonably reliable solution. Basically my main game controller has […]
I’ll post a link to my Maya to FBX Batch Exporter here once it’s given the go ahead to be hosted on Creative Crash. Until then, here’s a few images of the first release.
UPDATE(30/7/13) If you’ve found this post and you’re thinking of using this code please try this instead. It’s my much more reliable and feature-rich exporter. The one below works fine, but it’s really just a check to see if batch exporting is possible. Once I’d established that I made the thing that’s on the other end […]
I spent a while today organising my code to make it more presentable, adding a dictionary to reduce later scope problems, and putting all the controls into a new tab structure. This last part was tricky as due to a bug in Maya 2011 I was getting an extra blank tab if I added the […]
As you can see from the image above I’m finally starting to get somewhere with my Python. I’m building a reasonably well laid out UI and today managed to map my head around how Maya’s implementation in Python does querying and editing of UI element properties (e and q tags not listed in the Maya […]